[Radiance-general] Re: Cumulative calculations of irradiance

John Mardaljevic jm at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 05:57:50 PDT 2008

Hi Ivan,
> Is it better to render the direct sun component on separate file to
> get all the sun's dayli/montly or yearly positions and render with
> all those direct sources plus the accumulated skies or to accumulate
> the skies with the sun and render?

If I understand the question correctly, It's more efficient to render
using a 'sky' file that contains both the cumulative sun (e.g. many
suns) and the cumulative sky [1] contribution since the inter-
reflection calculation will determine the indirect sun component as
well and the direct + indirect sky components.
-John
[1] Cumulative sky could be based on either brightdata format or an
aggregated 'image'.
Dr. John Mardaljevic
Senior Research Fellow
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester
LE1 9BH, UK