[Radiance-general] Modeling... a bowl?

Nick Calcagni nac342 at drexel.edu
Tue Jun 3 22:47:56 PDT 2008

This may be simple... because it seems like it should be, but I'm quite hung
up on how to do this. How would I go about modeling an upside-down bowl? (Or
an upper hemisphere, or a rounded lampshade, whatever helps you picture it
best). It seems like "genrev" would be the way to do this, but I don't quite
understand what z(t) and r(t) do. If the input for a 2 foot wide hemisphere
(surface normals inward) isn't too complicated, perhaps someone could paste
it here and I could backwards-determine what the functions represent.

Here's another question: can we simply make a "bubble" and cut it in half?
(discarding half of it, of course)

Thanks!
Nick Calcagni