[Radiance-general] rpiece question

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu Jul 24 08:17:36 PDT 2008

Jack de Valpine wrote:
> To avoid some issues relating to speed of file locking for rpiece jobs
> shared over multiple compute nodes (such as in a cluster with a shared
> nfs server), I have actually hacked rpiece so that it will in fact
> write out the individual pieces as image files. These can then be
> assembled into the final image after the fact. I am willing to make
> this available if there is interest.

There is interest...  =8-)

On a related note, does anyone here have experience with Oracle's
cluster file system (ocfs)?  My IT guy here thinks this filesystem might
eliminate all the nasty file locking problems that have plagued rpiece
on linux for years.  I was about to test this out myself when I get some
free time, as we now have two nodes that are running it, but I haven't
had a chance yet.

- Rob