[Radiance-general] rpiece question

iebele info at iebele.nl
Wed Jul 23 14:35:27 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Does any of you wants to share an example of rpiece, using multiple (say 4) processes on a single machine, sharing 1 ambient file, resulting in 1 single image?

The manpage gives this example:

goober% echo 1 8 > syncfile
goober% echo -F syncfile -x 1024 -y 1024 -vf view -o picture octree > args
goo1ber% rpiece @args &

How do I let rpiece run 4 processes simultaneous? Just run 4 processes in the background?
How does an ambient file works using rpiece? Do I just need one, or as many as there are "pieces"?
Where are temporary files stored, so I can check their progress?

-Iebele