[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance-general Digest, Vol 53, Issue 5

Nick Calcagni nac342 at drexel.edu
Sun Jul 6 15:52:04 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm aware of a pretty recent thread addressing installation of Radiance on
Ubuntu, but I am a brand new user of Ubuntu, so I do not even know where to
start to install Radiance. I've only used Windows before, and I have no
programming background so I'm sure I'm just looking at this the wrong way.
That aside...

I downloaded and extracted "rad3R9_linux.tar.gz" to the folder
"rad3R9_linux" to my desktop. I'm using the Ubuntu GUI called Gnome (I
think). I just installed the Ubuntu LTS Desktop Edition version 8.04.

Inside the rad3R9 folder seems to be no installation file (again, I'm
thinking like a Windows user). I understand there should be some time of
command line for Ubuntu... can someone get me started with a few steps or
point me to a link that might have some step-by-step instructions for the
Ubuntu/Radiance novice?

Thank you,
Nick