[Radiance-general] Radiance, objline, objpict etc..

steve michel smichel_designer at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 06:42:20 PST 2008

Hi Thomas,

MARK THIS SOLVED

I had created a 'glow' material and applying it to the same polygon in my ies.rad file. SO I got a render with my fixtures showing but still no illumination! I was trying to overlap or layer a glow material on a distribution's polygon. So you are right that the two might interfere. (But I can see where that might be useful to avoid  the extra step of two distinct polygon geometry for the same thing (which I have done before with erco fixtures 3d geometry))

BUT The simpler method of deleting the -i option in ies2rad worked...I see the fixture and the light distribution...

The next challenge is to use a single light distribution material and apply to multiple similar geometry in the scene... To isolate the problem, I've been hand editing each fixture geometry and duplicating the same ies.rad parameters to each...

thanks to all
Steve