[Radiance-general] Radiance, objline, objpict etc..

steve michel smichel_designer at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:34:19 PST 2008

Hi Thomas,

There is light in the scene but the lighting polygon is black not even lit. As you said I placed the polygons an inch blow the ceiling plane to no effect. It's important that the sources be visible for presentation purposes.

here is the conversion syntax I used
ies2rad -df -t default -m .85 2X2TROFFER2T8.ies

and  these rpict options  without the -dv switch.

F syncfile -x 1024 -y 1024 -af ambfile -t 60 -vf views/Scene_1.vf -ps 3
-pt .08
-dp 512 -ar 309 -ms 0.072 -ds 0 -dj .5 -dt 0 -dc .5 -dr 1 -sj .7 -st .1
-aa .15 -ad 1500 -as 128 -av 0.01 0.01 0.01 -lr 8 -lw .002 -ab 7 -i -w -o
output.pic Scene_1.oct

I will redo the whole run with the -i option in ies2rad...

Thanks for the tip for objpict...

regards
Steve