[Radiance-general] Re: Data files interpolation

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Thu Jan 24 14:02:43 PST 2008

Hi Lucio,

You have the source code, so you are free to do what you like with
it.  The linear interpolation routines are in src/rt/data.c.  You
should be careful that whatever interpolant you use does not go
outside the limits of the input data.  Bicubic interpolation is
notorious for producing negative values on all-positive input data,
something that can be problematic in a lighting simulation....

Cheers,
-Greg