[Radiance-general] Radiance, objline, objpict etc..

steve michel smichel_designer at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:33:04 PST 2008

I was running test renders to determine some electric lighting levels at a back wall: I had run ies2rad for the fixtures and associated the distribution to simple flat geometry to the same plane as the ceiling. When I render I don't 'see' the lights so I ran objline and objpict to check that the geometry of fixtures are there
and get the following errors:

$ objline Scene_1.rad | x11meta
fatal - cannot open file "/usr/local/lib/ray/meta/vchars.mta", mode "r"

$ objpict Scene_1.rad | ximage
oconv: system - cannot open scene file "/usr/local/lib/ray/lib/testroom": No such file or directory

SO I guess I have a  two part question:

1- My setenv variables don't point to the directories  shown above..so why is objline and objpict calling those locations
and
2-Could someone clarify the visibility of lighting distributions in  radiance. below is the fixture rad file

#