[Radiance-general]radiance daylight study

steve michel smichel_designer at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 20:54:12 PST 2008

Mark this almost solved..
Well I am using Sketchup export with SU2RAD. Initially, I was trying to view the sunpatchs on the far wall and floorplan with viewer's back to the window. When I rendered with the view towards the window opening (and gensky with +s sunny sky) I couldn't 'see' the sun patch. But when I checked with sketchup, I could see where a sunpatch should be, but it didn't appear in the render. To make sure ,I used sketchup shadow with time and location that shows a sunpatch clearly. Time is set 07:49am EST in sketchup; after export the generated sky file shows:

!gensky 10 31 +02:49 -a 45.52 -o 73.57 -m 75.0 +s -g 0.2 -t 1.7| xform -rz -0.0

obviously not what I wanted..So it renders correctlafter I manualy set the time to 07:49....could it be the exporter causing the 5hr difference???