[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance-general Digest, Vol 47, Issue 11

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jan 15 09:12:07 PST 2008

> OK more detail:  I'm running Solaris 10 on a Sun Ultra45 w/
> ultrasparcIII processor. I've downloaded to pre-compiled package for
> Solaris and unzipped it to a temporary directory in my home
> directory. Then I tried to install  with the 'makeall' script  (...)

Hi,

if you installed the compiled binaries, there is no need to run the
makeall script. This one is needed to build and install from sources.

I do not know where the binaries got installed (I guess something like
in /opt or /usr/local), but you should set RAYPATH, maybe PATH, and go
using radiance.

If you download the sources, you will need a compiler, make, maybe some
other tools found on most systems, and run makeinstall. The contributer
who created the binary package already did this for you!

CU Lars.