[Radiance-general] Installation problems

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Jan 15 07:21:06 PST 2008

Hi Lucio,

If the machine is not yours to do with as you please, I would suggest
contacting your system administrator.

Under ubuntu you can use the package manager. You can search for libc6
and libc6-dev to see if they are installed. Alternatively you could just
download compiled binaries and see if they work.

Alternatively, you can check for compiled binaries at

     www.radiance-online.org

additionally it looks like there is a radiance package available for the
latest Ubuntu (I assume via the recent efforts to include radiance in
Debian by Bernd Zeimetz) at:

    http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/graphics/radiance

-Jack

loscotec at libero.it wrote:
> Thank you very much for the fast reply Jack! That's probable.. but..
>

> How to know which libraries to look for and install ?
>
> Lucio
>

> .Hi Lucio,
> .
> .It looks like the server does not have the c development libraries
> .installed since you are getting compile errors relating to fundamental
> .things like stdio.h. You should run the package manager and check if the
> .c libraries are installed.
> .
> .-Jack
> .
> .loscotec at libero.it wrote:
> .> I don't know what is happening.. could someone help me?
> .>
> .> Some time ago, I installed radiance on my pc at home . after troubling a little 'couse of inexperience, I managed doing it, don't remember what did I do to solve it, but as I did not write down anything it should have been novice's things!
> .>
> .> Now I'm trying to install it in my laboratory at university.. still in ubuntu.. but something again is not working
> .>
> .> so, from the right directory (/home/administrator/Scrivania/ray) I'm launching "sudo ./makeall install" and the result is an huge anount of errors.. beginning with :
> .>
> .> Current rmake command is:
> .> #!/bin/sh
> .> exec make "SPECIAL=" \
> .>         "OPT=-O2" \
> .>         "MACH=-Dlinux -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Dfseeko=fseek -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/include/X11 -DNOSTEREO" \
> .>         ARCH=IBMPC "COMPAT=erf.o" \
> .>         INSTDIR=/usr/local/bin \
> .>         LIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/ray \
> .>         ESUFFIX= \
> .>         CC=gcc "$@" -f Rmakefile
> .> Do you want to change it?
> .> Making programs...
> .> ~/Scrivania/ray/src/common ~/Scrivania/ray/src
> .> In directory common...
> .> gcc -Dlinux -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Dfseeko=fseek -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/include/X11 -DNOSTEREO -O2   -c -o cone.o cone.c
> .> In file included from standard.h:10,
> .>                  from cone.c:10:
> .> rtio.h:9:20: error: stdio.h: Nessun file o directory
> .> rtio.h:10:24: error: sys/types.h: Nessun file o directory
> .> rtio.h:11:20: error: fcntl.h: Nessun file o directory
> .> rtio.h:12:21: error: string.h: Nessun file o directory
> .> In file included from standard.h:10,
> .>                  from cone.c:10:
> .> rtio.h:22: error: expected `=´, `,´, `;´, `asm´ or `__attribute__´ before `fdate´
> .> rtio.h:25: error: expected declaration specifiers or `...´ before `FILE´
> .> rtio.h:27: error: expected `)´ before `*´ token
> .>
> .>
> .> and ending after an huge  number of lines with :
> .> histo.c:148: error: `stderr´ undeclared (first use in this function)
> [...]

# Jack de Valpine
# president
#
# visarc incorporated
# http://www.visarc.com
#
# channeling technology for superior design and construction