[Radiance-general] eulum to ies

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Sun Jan 6 04:55:27 PST 2008

Thanks very much Thomas for your reply !

About compile errors, I'm quite sure they depend on distribution and/or architecture.. !!

In my last mail I did a mistake.. ies2tab is either for msdos and linux and I actually used linux version (I said I was using dos version).

Then I tried eulumcnv (this one is really for dos) and conversion apparently (but I have to check it better) gave quite same results, just little differences in third decimal point (but I just checked it fastly.

I did try, as you suggested me, to import in diualux and compare, and well, converted lights are really different from their counterpart in dialux's database.

My problem is that my eulumdat file is in .eul format, not in .ldt format. I tried ranaming it and dialux doesn't manage it properly (it gives preview in windows' explorer but it doesn't import it.

And I tried to export lights from dialux's database in .ies format, but I didn't find the command. Where is it? is it just to export luminaries  not from databases ? Do I need a plugin?

Thank you in advance

Lucio Boscolo

.. Caminante no hay camino, solo se hace camino al andar ..