[Radiance-general] ecotect export - missing surfaces

Erwin Zierler radiance at rendigo.com
Tue Feb 19 05:16:10 PST 2008

Hello Nick,

I downloaded your files and from looking at your geometry briefly I would say that Ecotect i.e. you created some very small polygons (0.0001 meters on one side) that Radiance considers zero-area polygons. When I run oconv or getbbox on your scene file I get 28 warnings like this one:

getbbox: warning - zero area for polygon "zone02.rad00000"

Looking at polygon zone02.rad00000 I find a valid polygon description but I guess Radiance has some limitation with regards to geometry. Are you sure you are modelling in the correct scale?

Regards,
 Erwin