[Radiance-general] Problems with rpiece - Solved

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Fri Feb 15 11:41:07 PST 2008

Thank you Rob!

Actually I didn't want to continue an unfinished sequence, but to start a new one. Erasing the 3 files I was creating for the process, didn't work either (in fact the script already was overwriting them, so it was just to not leave anything untried that I tried it).

I managed just a few minuts ago to solve the problem. Instead of writing the numbers of divisioni to the sync.file as written before, I wrote them in the normal way : -X 8 -Y 8 .

This solved my problem but leaves opened the question on why it didn't work in the other way (as it was copied right from the manual).

Lucio

.loscotec at libero.it wrote:
.> So I tried to implement it at least for rpict with rpiece.
.>
.> first time i used it everything worked properly, but relaunching it with some changes, it stops processes reporting :
.>
.You have to use the -R option instead of the -F option on a restart, I believe.
.>From the manpage:
.
.The /-R/ option may be used instead of /-F/ if some of the pieces were  not
.
.       properly  finished  by  previous  (killed) runs of /rpiece./  This option
.       should be used by at most one /rpiece/ process,  which  must  be  started
.       first and with /no/ /other/ /rpiece/ /processes/ /running/ or else it will reren-
.       der the same pieces other  processes  have  begun.   Once  the  recover
.       process  is  started, you may start other /rpiece/ processes using the /-F/
.       option to run simultaneously.  If some processes die during  execution,
.       leaving one or more half-finished pieces in the picture even though the
.       other processes think the work is done, you may  run  a  single  /rpiece/
.       with the /-R/ option by itself to repair the holes.
.
.
.
.