[Radiance-general] sunny sky and clear sky conditions

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Thu Feb 14 12:40:18 PST 2008

Hi Koti (or Ramana, which one is the name?)

Maybe sun is not penetrating the space you are considering, but just the floor outside or some near walls, and then it bounches in .. this could be discovered with simple geometric analisys or checking differences with ab 0 ab 1 and and ab 2.

Anyhow, I'm not experienced at all with skies. I just red something.

Lucio

.All,
.
.I use IES <VE> Radiance among other software to help design teams optimize
.daylighting design.
.
.The dilemma is - The same illuminance distribution that's well above the
.design fc level under sunny sky conditions is well below that threshold
.under standard clear sky. I just double check to make sure it's meeting the
.LEED criteria of 75% of space meeting 25 fc at noon on June 21 under clear
.sky conditions and it almost never does (I use the standard clear sky in IES
.Radiance for that).
.
.What is the difference between the standard clear sky and sunny sky models
.within IES Radiance? In the rendered image, I never see solar penetration
.into the space under clear sky conditions, what am I missing?
.
.Thanks,
.
.Ramana Koti, LEED AP