[Radiance-general] Re: falsecolor's isolux on observer's luminance.

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Sun Feb 10 11:01:31 PST 2008

Hi Lucio,

It's probably easiest just to make the invisible areas zero in the
falsecolor image, which you could do like so:

% vwrays -ff -vf ortho.vf -x XRES -y YRES -pa 0 \
	| rtrace -h -ff -op roadway.oct > roadpts.flt
% rcalc -if3 -of -e '$1=OX;$2=OY;$3=OZ;$4=$1-OX;$5=$2-OY;$6=$3-OZ'
roadpts.flt \
	| rtrace -ff -opv -x XRES -y YRES roadway.oct \
	| rlam -if3 roadpts.flt -if6 - \
	| rcalc -if9 -of -e 's(x):x*x;OK=0.2-s($1-$4)-s($2-$5)-s($3-$6)' \
		-e '$1=if(OK,$7,0);$2=if(OK,$8,0);$3=if(OK,$9,0)' \
	| falsecolor -cl -s auto \
	| ra_tiff - roadway_lum.tif
% rm roadpts.flt

The usual caveats apply, as I haven't tried this.  If your world
units are cm or something smaller, the 0.2 value might have to be
increased for reliable behavior.

-Greg