[Radiance-general] Re: falsecolor's isolux on observer's luminance.

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Fri Feb 8 07:32:21 PST 2008

Hi Lucio,

I'm glad that the basic idea works.  The command I sent you does
literally what you asked, which is to show the luminance in the
direction of the desired point.  As you noticed, the ray does not
necessarily get there.  To ensure that it does, you could simply
start the ray closer to the target point by replacing the rcalc
command with:

	rcalc -if3 -of -e '$1=$1-nrm*Dx;$2=$2-nrm*Dy;$3=$3-nrm*Dz;$4=Dx;
$5=Dy;$6=Dz' \
			-e 'Dx=$1-OX;Dy=$2-OY;Dz=$3-OZ;nrm=0.001/sqrt(Dx*Dx+Dy*Dy+Dz*Dz)'

What this does is start each ray a short distance (0.001 in world
units) from the target point, ensuring that no intervening geometry
obstructs the view.

I hope this helps.
-Greg