[Radiance-general] Illuminance and coloured lights

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Wed Feb 6 14:10:15 PST 2008

Mmm.. I see.. Thank you very much.. but...

what actually is depreciation?

Should I run the command "ies2rad -m 1.1764706 -t fluorescent lamp.ies" to have right illumination ? If this is right, is there a reason why ies2rad does not do it automatically?

If it isn't right, are Calculux and Dialux using badly lights ? 15 % illuminance less is really something.. !!

And, there is some documentation about all this stuff ? It would be an interesting chapter for my thesys I guess..

Sorry for the many question and for my ignorance.

Lucio

 .Greg Ward wrote:
.> Hi Lucio,
.>
.> The lamp color data also includes depreciation factors, which probably
.> account for the 10% difference.  I assume the "white" value is larger.
.Indeed, the multiplier for incandescent (which I believe white is
.aliased to) is .95, and the multiplier for fluorescent is .85...
.
.These lamp specs can be found in the file "lamp.tab", usually living in
.the /usr/local/lib/ray directory.
.
.  Rob Guglielmetti
.www.rumblestrip.org