[Radiance-general] experiences with the photon map

Bissell, Andrew a.bissell at cundall.com
Thu Dec 4 02:13:25 PST 2008

Shortly after PMAP was released I messed about with it to try and
understand what the numbers all meant and to see what you had to do to
get accurate results.  I have cut down a presentation I created to
provide 4 slides of the process I went through to get appropriate images
and numbers.  Not very scientific to be honest but perhaps a starting
point for further study.

I will go and have another look at the same model with alternative
suggestions for the three variables if you have any.  Although I may
already have the results as only some of them are included here.

Regards

Andrew
Andrew Bissell
B.Eng(Hons) C.Eng MSLL MCIBSE MIET