[Radiance-general] BRTF for glazing

Robin Mitchell rdmitchell at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 15 11:57:54 PST 2008

The Optics5 IGDB database (glazing.mdb) is password protected, in order to
keep general users from changing the data.

If you want to get the spectral data information for records in the
glazing.mdb file, I would recommend getting it from the WINDOW 5 / 6 program
database -- the WINDOW Glass Library allows importing of records from the
glazing.mdb file, and all the spectral data information is copied into the
WINDOW database, which is not password protected (the default WINDOW
database is W5.mdb or W6.mdb, an MS Access database).

However, if you need the BRTF information, I suggest that you use the
function in Optics5 that writes a Radiance file (File menu / Export Radiance
file). Optics5 calculates the BRTF functions from the spectral data, so
getting the raw spectral data (directly from the databases) may not result
in information that is useful to Radiance.

Both Optics and WINDOW are available for download (no charge, courtesy of
the US Department of Energy) on our website:

http://windows.lbl.gov/software/

Robin
******
Robin Mitchell