[Radiance-general] daylighting and energy performance

Nicolas Roy nicolas.roy at VELUX.com
Tue Aug 26 23:45:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

The paper you're looking for can be "HOW MUCH ENERGY DO TOPLIGHTING
STRATEGIES SAVE?".

Available on http://www.lrc.rpi.edu/programs/daylighting/index.asp

Nicolas Roy
VELUX A/S
Daylight Energy and Indoor Climate
nicolas.roy at velux.com

"Ramana Koti" <ramana.koti at gmail.com>
Sent by: radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org
26-08-2008 23:10
Please respond to
Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>

bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org, "Radiance general discussion"
<radiance-general at radiance-online.org>
cc

Subject
[Radiance-general] daylighting and energy performance

Dear all,

I was once in a presentation by Prof Martin Moeck that was a comparative
study of energy performances of various daylighting strategies. I vaguely
remember simple skylights like in Walmart performing better than roof
monitors with louvers or something to that effect.

I don't even know if there is a paper written up on the subject matter. I
do not have Prof Moeck's current contact information so I'm hoping to find
him or someone else who can help through this email.

Thanks,

RAMANA KOTI Assoc. ASHRAE LEED® AP
Sustainable Building Analyst

ELEMENTS division of BNIM architects