[Radiance-general] Mac osx install errors

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Tue Aug 5 12:24:14 PDT 2008

On 5 Aug 2008, at 19:19, Dan Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hi Rob
>
> I think I have sussed it now.  I'm running an Intel.  Trouble is
> now, I can't get the path et correctly.  I have to type in the
> RAYPATH and path each time I start terminal to get radiance to
> work.  Any ideas of what I need to do here?

Standard shell startup configuration. Place

PATH="/usr/local/ray/bin:${PATH}
RAYPATH=".:/usr/local/ray/lib"

in your ~/.bash_profile file. Then set the command that's executed by
Terminal to "/bin/bash --login" (in "Preferences").

When you restart Terminal now you should have Radiance in your PATH.
Please adjust for your Radiance installation path and preferred shell
and
read about the startup files in the man page. It's a bit more
complicated on
Mac OS X but the man page reflects that.

And please delete the tail of a message if you're not referring to it
any longer.

Thomas