[Radiance-general] Mac osx install errors

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Tue Aug 5 11:36:40 PDT 2008

On 5 Aug 2008, at 15:04, Dan Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hi Further to this I have moved on a bit (I think) but now get
> error 64 occuring.  Any idea what this is ?  ( I have attached the
> shell history of teh install:
>
>                 RADIANCE 4.0a INSTALLATION
>
> This script rebuilds all of the Radiance programs and installs
> them on your system.  You should read the file README before running
> this script.  You can type ^C (followed by return) at any time to
> abort.
>
> You must first answer the following questions.
>
> What is your preferred editor [vi]?
> Where do you want the executables [/usr/local/bin]?
> Current rmake command is:
> #!/bin/sh

Hi Dan.

I follow Rob's advice to install the precompiled binaries.
As a newby you won't have any advantage compiling on your
own (just trouble).

About your error messages: I believe you have to install
the 'rmake' tool as well. That's what the compile script
is based on and I don't think it comes with Mac OS X. Mine
is installed in /usr/local/bin which indicates I put it
there myself.

Reading through your error messages there are a lot of
errors from 'cp' usage. I think the script tries to copy
multiple files in a directory in '/usr/local' that does
not exist. You can try and create the directory '/usr/local/ray'
yourself and then run the script again.

hth,
Thomas