[Radiance-general] Bash error message

Angela Giladi angela at giladi-associates.com
Thu Apr 3 23:04:51 PDT 2008

Hello Thomas

Thank you for your pointing me in the right direction...especially the
/cydrive/ . The PATH  had to include  /cygdrive/c/cygwinX... I did not
imagine that one could get so happy at seeing a red ball!

Seriously though, I have followed tutorials/FAQs, including the one you
linked for me, which are great in showing one the basics. CygwinX is
really ok now; it just throws in the /cygdrive/ to add to the
I'm-a-confused-Windows-person state of mind. Now, I need to work out all
the various locations of the command files as they are not all in
rad/bin

I did consider the LEARNiX CD, especially after reading Axel Jacobs'
tutorials. The issue for me was how to save files on my PC and server.
This is from their site ...

If your Windows data partition (you do have a separate one, don't you?)
is formatted as FAT or FAT32, you can mount it and save your files. The
NTFS file system (Window 2000 and XP) is not supported yet.

I suppose I could buy an external hard disk but then what about backup..

Thanks again and regards

Angela