[Radiance-general] multiple modifications to sky definitions

Marija Velickovic maricanis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 04:19:32 PDT 2008

Hi,

I think these sky images are only for nice image representation, and
I'm not sure that they have correct radiance pixel values.
To obtain a sky with appropriate luminance distribution (generated
with gensky), and beautiful colors and clouds (as on Simon Crone's
images), images should be normalized first with normpat and then used
as Jack explained in previous mail.

On some of Simon's images there is a sun, and when you apply it as a
pattern for a sunny sky made with gensky, you'll obtain a sky with 2
suns :)
So again I suggest you to use this skies only for artistic or
representation use, and not for accurate visualizations.

If I'm wrong, please correct me!

Marija.