[Radiance-general] dxf2rad

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Wed Oct 24 08:19:45 PDT 2007

Hi Mark,

In general, unless a data representation is published and stable, it
doesn't make much sense to support it in a translator, as the next
version that comes out will likely break it.  If there is a published
standard for Sketchup files, or something closely related (a higher-
level output from Sketchup), that would be interesting to look at.
Otherwise, you can try lobbying the developers to put a Radiance or
MGF export option directly into their software, which is much easier
to write than a translator.

-Greg