[Radiance-general] dxf2rad

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue Oct 23 13:18:42 PDT 2007

Jack de Valpine wrote:
> Hey Rob,
>
> Would you be willing to share experience with Revit to Radiance? What
> where the main problems that you encountered?
Oh, just the usual bs with Autodesk's so-called intelligent entities,
parametric building assemblies and the like, that get replaced with
"proxy objects" when saved down to early AutoCAD formats.  Things
disappear, objects behave strangely (such as not being able to be copied
and pasted into other drawings), etc.  This particular Revit model I was
talking about was simply too detailed for its own good and was bogging
down my system.   In general I find that 300MB drawings will do that.
;-)  It was so slow that weeding out the extraneous polygons was simply
taking too long.

- Rob Guglielmetti