[Radiance-general] dxf2rad

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Oct 23 05:43:21 PDT 2007

Hi Tom,

One workflow option, much as I dislike suggesting it, is perhaps to use
Sketchup as an intermediate. It looks like Vectorworks will save out an
skp. Sketchup (commercial version) can then save out an obj format file,
which can be converted with obj2rad. I have very limited experience with
Sketchup, but in my few experiences, I have found that the models are
very very hefty. Another alternative is to save out as 3ds and use
3ds2rad, however there are limitations to this dealing with data sizing
for the file format.

-Jack