[Radiance-general] Re: IES2Rad questions

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Thu Oct 4 19:30:05 PDT 2007

Hi Zack,

Sorry for the late response, but as I mentioned at the workshop, I
was out of the country.

Have a look at the following change, made back in 4/93:

	http://www.radiance-online.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ray/src/cv/
source.cal.diff?r1=2.5&r2=2.6

When you say that Type C photometry is measured in the counter-
clockwise direction, do you mean as seen from below (looking in the
positive-Z direction)?  If so, then the comment at the top of
source.cal is correct, but it looks like I messed up on the actual
definition of phi, which should be:

	src_phi = mod( atan2(-Dy, Dx) / DEGREE, 360 );  { 0-360 }

rather than what it is, now.  I'm really confused, because this is
effectively what I had before I made the "correction," since I also
had a -my transform prior to 4/93.  I don't know where my copy of
LM-63 is, if I even still have it, so if the above line works for
you, perhaps I should just change source.cal to agree with its
comment...

-Greg