[Radiance-general] Sketchup exporter script

steve michel smichel_designer at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:20:22 PST 2007

Thanks again for the export script. The following was in Fransceco's wiki as a future feature (no pun intended)
<<replacement of component instances with pre-canned Radiance files>>

I hope this will enable the script's ability to handle artificial lighting. I have some ies fixtures i've used in some radiance renders I want to use in the Sketchup to radiance generated files. So far I've only the following method:
1 step converted ies to rad files
2 Use mkillum for a wrapper for fixture geometry
3 'update' the script generated files to search/replace a named scene 'place holder' with items 1 and 2.

Does this approach make sense? If there is a more straight forward way, please let me know.

Is there a straight forward way of handling instances > From: tbleicher at arcor.de> Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Sketchup exporter script> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:19:34 +0000> To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org> > > On 28 Oct 2007, at 18:15, Thomas Bleicher wrote:> > > Hello all.> >> > I have cleaned up and tested my Sketchup export script over the > > weekend> > and put it up on Francesco's wiki for download:> >> > http://www.bozzograo.net/radiancewiki/doku.php/input:exporters:su2rad> >> > The wiki page contains all the documentation there is for the > > moment but> > since it does not offer a great number of options it's use should > > be straight> > forward.> >> > Happy testing,> > Unfortunately some show stopper bugs were present in this version,> especially for those using it on Windows. I've fixed a few things and> uploaded a new version to the wiki site.> > If you plan to use the script on Windows please download the new > version!> > Even if you're not using Windows you should download the update because> it now exports the north orientation of the scene correctly.> > Regards,> Thomas> > _______________________________________________> Radiance-general mailing list> Radiance-general at radiance-online.org> http://www.radiance-online.org/mailman/listinfo/radiance-general