[Radiance-general] Problem with getting correct irradiance from sky dome

Claus B. Madsen cbm at cvmt.aau.dk
Fri Nov 23 01:50:17 PST 2007

Hi Greg,

thanks for the super advice (and for Radiance :-)

Switching from light to glow solves the irradiance level problem. Now my
problem (of course) is: I don't get "slightly dark patches" beneath
objects standing on the ground plane as you would expect (due to partial
occlusion of the incoming radiance from the sky dome). I.e., this use of
glow (I dunno what to set maxrad to since the glow material is not
applied to any geometry but just used for an infinitely distant skydome)
doesn't allow the Sky dome to cast shadow.

... eh, and yes ... thanks for teaching me the Ropes of Radiance

Best,
Claus