[Radiance-general] 10k lux overcast sky implementation only yields 9177?

Claus B. Madsen cbm at cvmt.aau.dk
Thu Nov 22 00:46:19 PST 2007

Hello Christian,

My suspicions concerning your problem go towards the fact that there
apparently are many ways to convert from RGB radiances to Lux (using
slightly different RGB weights) ... moreover it is my general experience
that Radiance, when looking straight into a light source, produces
radiances that are slightly less than the source radiance specified in
the scene file. For example when I point the "camera" straight into an
RGB = 1 W/(m^2 * sr) sky dome I get radiances of 0.9941 (although that
may be due to finite precision in the .hdr file format).

Seeing that you are from Denmark (as well) I took the liberty to call
you on the phone (your company switchboard informed me you were away on
travel) ... if you feel like discussing some of these things (not that I
necessarily have the answer to your problem) we can contact each other
when you get back.

Best,
Claus