[Radiance-general] limited number of materials?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Nov 15 04:04:55 PST 2007

> Right now I'm dealing with a few hundreds of thousand of faces, so I can
> well imagine this limitation.

While I cannot answer the max number of materials question, there should
be actually no problem if you define a limited "palette" - I guess not
EVERY of the faces needs a different color? What about a 256- or
512-color "palette", thus 256 or 512 materials? Or are you subdividing
the faces to get a smooth transition to work around the interpolation?

CU Lars.