[Radiance-general] Looking for some pubblications for my thesys.

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Mon Nov 5 05:59:32 PST 2007

Hi Lars !!

Thank you very much for your reply !!

I described what's my thesys about in the previous reply, so, no need to rewrite everything here.. just a little add: according to what my teacher said thesys will probably be mainly about street illumination.

Lucio

.Hi Lucio!
.
.I think it is necessary to give you a hint before you start this. Every simulation tries to approach the reality of a system. That means you must know the system you want to simulate before you can select a simulation technique.
.
.Radiance is a simulation application that was made with architectural / building models in mind. You can simulate lots of effects that are relevant in finding glare, getting the illumination levels (e.g. to decide if lighting is efficient for a given use of a space) etc. On the other hand, Radiance was not developed to e.g. model the effects of reflector or lense systems. It is a question of scale, materials, effects relevent for the application.
.
.So what I want to explain is - it does not make sense to find out "how accurate" Radiance is. If you have a problem to solve (e.g. simulating a given type of facade, or modeling a new material), it will be easy to find out if Radiance is a suiteable tool. And only than, people will be interested in accuracy (qualitive or/and quantitive).
.
.In other words, I am (and I guess others are, too) curious what system (building, solar system, christmas tree) you want to simulate, and what effects are important and determine accuracy for you...
.
.Good luck, CU Lars.
.
.Radiance-general mailing list