[Radiance-general] RE: Sketchup exporter script

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Thu Nov 1 11:49:28 PDT 2007

On 1 Nov 2007, at 14:57, Mardaljevic John wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for making the SU exporter plugin available --  I just
> tried it out on a fairly complex model.  The default mode seems
> to be to export surfaces by material colour rather than layer
> name (unless I've missed something).

It's neither. The one and only mode exports to files based on the
group or component instance name which is generated if it's not set.

This allows you to use the Sketchup hierarchy to model efficient
Radiance scenes with '!xform'. At the moment only components can
be reused but Sketchup keeps track of identical groups as well;
I just can't get this information from the API.

> Is there (or will there be) an option to export surfaces by
> layer name rather than material colour?

Since you already got another one voting for it I'll look into it
at the weekend. Should be easy to do.

Thomas