[Radiance-general] moving hardware

Peter Apian-Bennewitz apian at pab-opto.de
Mon May 21 10:51:32 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

rather than tracing rays, we'll be moving hardware for a change:

The radiance-online server will be physically shipped from Freiburg, DE
to Berkeley, CA at some time this week (starting approximately tomorrow)
and be re-connected there (provided it arrives intact, doesn't get blown
up at customs, etc, etc.). Rather than bothering with configuring new
hardware, it seemed easier just to sent the ****** thing in-toto as a
start.
However, obviously, there will be a slight technical delay in between.
Emails sent to the server will be queued at your email provider (and may
generate a delay warning) and web access will be suprisingly slow during
the transport phase.

Many thanks to the daylighting group at Fraunhofer ISE for funding this
transport and thereby easing the transition, to the ISE IT department
for their provider role since 2001 and to Danny Fuller at LBNL for
caring for it in the future.

And, most important, to all you guys who compiled questions or assembled
answers and kept the mailing list active. Keep it up, we'll be back
online within sight of the Bay- and GoldenGate bridge.

cheers
Peter

--
 pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, http://www.pab-opto.de
 [see web page to check digital email signature]