[Radiance-general] simulating an atrium

Martin Moeck Martin.Moeck at asu.edu
Thu Mar 29 01:02:52 CEST 2007

How does Ecotect deal with mkillum?

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org on behalf of Evangelos
Sent: Wed 3/28/2007 1:52 PM
To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org
Subject: [Radiance-general] simulating an atrium

I'd bet in ECOTECT 5.5 (not ver 5.2) plus the Radiance 3.7 compiled for
    windows by F. Anselmo! Radiance binaries compiled with Mingw32 for
    windows, look in:

http://www.bozzograo.net/radiance/modules.php?op=3Dmodload&name=3DDownloads=
    &file=3Dindex&req=3Dgetit&lid=3D12

    Ecotect 5.5 is very fast and easy to model and run daylighting
    simulations. Model your atrium, after that call RADIANCE Export Toll
    and voila.
    ECOTECT has a very good interface trough RADtool, they run smooth and
    you'll have very precise images and analyses.
    If possible, forget Desktop Radiance.

    Regards to all, from Brasil

  [vangelis]
1. Do you think Ecotech 5.5 with Desktop Radiance control panel (the
newest version ) is the right tool to do my atrium research? I like using it
for its clear GUI, but if it could finish similar work and achieve the same
results as its UNIX/LINUX brother?

  2.  I think a lot of complex atrium roofs have to be researched and
constructed in my project, if UNIX/LINUX Radiance is the most suitable tool?
If Linux version is good, could I use the Radiance on Cygwin Environment?