[Radiance-general] What is the Tone Mapping Function in WinImage?

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue Mar 27 00:37:43 CEST 2007

yijun huang wrote:
> I have been unable to find documentation on how HDR images are
> tone-mapped and displayed in Winimage.

Hi Yijun,

Are you referring to the "human sensitivity" exposure option in
Winimage?  This is provided by the pcond program in the Radiance
distribution.  The chief reference for that delightful little
program--aside from the man page--is this paper:

radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/papers/lbnl39882/tonemap.pdf

- Rob