[Radiance-general] What is the Tone Mapping Function in WinImage?

yijun huang yijunhuang at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:25:01 CEST 2007

I have been unable to find documentation on how HDR images are tone-mapped
and displayed in Winimage.

A variety of methods were mentioned in the book "High Dynamic Range Imaging"
by Reinhard, Ward, Pattanaik & Debevec and I was wondering:

1) Which, if any, of the methods described in the book is used in Winimage?
2) How is the "exposure" value in .pic images used in tone-mapping?
3) Which method would be appropriate for building simulation output images?
(described in cd/m2, global/local functions? computational time?)

Thanks,
Yi Chun Huang
Center for Building Performance & Diagnostics
Carnegie Mellon University