[Radiance-general] ray-trace or mkillum for external blinds

Reinhart, Christoph Christoph.Reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Jul 13 13:31:29 PDT 2007

Simulating Venetian Blinds takes a lot of time if you are using 'pure'
Radiance but it is possible. See e.g.:Reinhart C F, Walkenhorst O,
"Dynamic RADIANCE-based daylight simulations for a full-scale test
office with outer venetian blinds." Energy & Buildings, 33:7 pp.
683-697, 2001.

Incidentally, for those of you interested, we have developed a new
daylight coefficient approach where you can simulate a space without
blinds and then multiply your resulting daylight coefficients with a
correction matrix to account for blinds. A rudimentary description of
the method can be downloaded from:
http://lightswitch.irc.nrc.ca/website/p461v1.pdf
<http://lightswitch.irc.nrc.ca/website/p461v1.pdf>

Christoph