[Radiance-general] Sky Distribution Simulations

Juan Posada juan_posada at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 17:43:52 CET 2007

Hello,

I am just starting to use Radiance and I would like to use it to simulate different luminance sky distributions. I am particularly interested in generating some of the new CIE general sky distributions (there are 15; cf Darula and Kittler "CIE general sky standard defining luminance distributions").

I found that the "gensky" program can generate a Radiance description of the sky, but gensky appear to be limited to the three classic CIE standards (clear day, overcast, intermediate).  Is there another program that could be used to generate these new standards?

Thank you!

Juan