[Radiance-general] trans material

Reinhart, Christoph Christoph.Reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 26 14:14:16 CET 2007

Hi Friedemann,

The trans material is indeed a bit confusing (no offense Greg:)). We did
a validation last year for a translucent material along with some
measurements of a real material. Maybe you'll find the paper useful:
Reinhart C F, Andersen M, "Development and validation of a Radiance
model for a translucent panel", Energy and Buildings 38:7 pp. 890-904,
2006.
http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/pubs/fulltext/nrcc48165/nrcc48165.pdf

Also, you might want to have a look at
http://www.schorsch.com/rayfront/manual/transdef.html to bette undrstand