[Radiance-general] Illegal Power warning

G HARDING G.Harding1 at Bradford.ac.uk
Thu Dec 6 08:23:37 PST 2007

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply.

I've solved the Illegal Power problem by setting some constraints on my
values when fitting the model to the data.

However, I seem to have run into a different problem when implementing the
model:

I need to calculate the relevant values for rbrtd(x,y,z), gbrtd(x,y,z) and
bbrtd(x,y,z) in my BRTDfunc function file.
In order to calculate the values using the Lafortune cosine lobe model (with
parameter fitted to my measured data) I need to find the angle between the
surface and the incoming ray from the light source.
Unfortunately when I try to do this, like so:

angle(x,y,z) = Asin(x*Nx + y*Ny + z*Nz);

I get an error, saying that x is an unknown variable (and so presumably are
y and z).

Is there a way of getting the light source vector when using BRTDfunc?

Thanks,
Glen.

Glen Harding

Division of Optometry