[Radiance-general] Win Users and Radiance & Radiance Knowledge Base

Francesco Anselmo pisuke at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 15:55:24 PDT 2007

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your feedback!

> This is great, Francesco!  Did I miss a meeting, or did you just set
> this up??  That's a great idea to pull key posts from the mailing list,
> distill them and place them in your wiki.  It's a good way to initially
> populate the wiki with good content.  Great job!

I think that the idea of a collaborative effort to put together the
Radiance documentation has been now around for quite a while, and
briefly discussed during the past workshop.
I just thought it is about time to start working on it ...
Have you tried to register your account? ;-)

> Is the graphic on the masthead a close-up of one of Mark Stock's cool
> renderings, or is that something you did yourself?

As your eye has already suggested, it is largely inspired by Mark's
magnificent work, but it is only one of my naive attempts, I'm afraid
:-/
It would be nice if each page had some pictures of random Radiance
artwork, any volunteers?

Among the others ideas discussed, there was the possibility to formalise
our community by starting a "Radiance foundation" (à la Apache
http://www.apache.org/ for example), that is a non-profit/charity
organisation that organises and manages Radiance related projects
(like further development, setting up a wiki, writing documentation,
organising workshops and so on ...) and can receive donations:
http://wiki.oss-watch.ac.uk/SustainableOpenSource

But this is a different story ...

Ciao!

Francesco