[Radiance-general] Ambient exclude transfomed material in instances

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:38:28 CEST 2007

Hello Iebele,

Since you have too many materials in your "ambient exclude" list,
you're best hope is to switch to an "ambient include" list, instead.
Create a file listing all of the materials, hopefully not xform'ed
and duplicated like your leaves, that you would like to include in
the interreflection calculation.  These can be put in a file and
incorporated with a single -aI option.

The other alternative is to switch off the irradiance cache using -aa
0 and assign other parameters to make the problem tractable over all
surfaces.

-Greg