[Radiance-general] Acad2004 Exporters?

Siegbert Debatin debatin_2 at relux.ch
Fri Sep 8 11:26:40 CEST 2006

> I asked a Relux rep about the ability to export geometry from
> Autocad and he said there are no problems or limitations with
> Autocad 2006. I don't know how Relux Vision (which is the
> Radiance part of Relux) manages it's files but for someone who
> has a licence it might be worth a try.

Hello

To export geometry from Autocad to Radiance with Relux you will need the
ReluxCAD (plugin for Autocad). All geometry which Autocad can read can be
exported to Relux and then to Radiance.

But there is another more direct way, the current version of Relux can
also read 3DS (no textures), DXF (3d faces) and VRML directly. We are
working on the limitations, esp. the texture import for 3DS. This
geometries can then be exported to Radiance without having a licence.

Siegbert
--
Dr.-Ing. Siegbert Debatin
Development