[Radiance-general] BRDF material description

webmaster at audice.com webmaster at audice.com
Thu Sep 7 21:20:27 CEST 2006

Hello!

Does anyone have a BRDF-based radiance material descriptions for
spray-painted plaster, white plaster, white water paint, linoleum,
parquet?

The other question:
How can I make use of some measured reflectance data (like this -
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/online/measurements/reflectance/index.html) in Radiance?
Is there any way to reproduce such materials in Radiance?

Radiance uses RGB components instead of wavelengths. It's tricky, but
we can turn to RGBs from wavelengths. At least we can use only 550nm
measured data for specific tasks. But for every incident ray we'll get
a whole hemispherical distribution, while in Radiance material
descriptions like plasdata, metdata it seems we do not have any means
to describe this distribution. There is only an incident light and
corresponding RGB reflectance (specular I suppose?). Is it right?!

But where is diffuse component to declare?

I searched thru the mailing list archives, looked in the digest and
didn't find any answer related to my question.

--
Best Regards,
Ilya Zimnovich                          mailto:webmaster at audice.com