[Radiance-general] RE: Translating a grid into an acad file

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Sep 5 19:51:46 CEST 2006

Given a well formated data file such as Martin originally posted, one
could write an autolisp routine to read in the data file and do
something with it in Autocad. This could be simple such as calling the
"3dmesh" command and feeding it points as part of a script. The lisp
routine could ask for the MxN resolution of the mesh and feed this to
3dmesh (or these could be written in as the first lines to the data
file). Then the data file could be opened and successive calls to get
coordinates to pass to the running 3dmesh command. Alternatively, with a
little poking about you could determine the underlying format for the
mesh data structure in Autocad and just build it directly...

-Jack