[Radiance-general] NFS and rpiece

Francesco Anselmo pisuke at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 23:29:26 CEST 2006

Hi Jack,

> Sorry, I meant to says Hi Francesco!!!

No problem for the name swap, I'm quite used to it :)
I've been called Anselmo for at least 13 years at school (!)

> > Can you tell us how you have nfs configured, that is what options on
> > the server and what options on the clients?

Details of the Redhat 9 NFS system are here:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/ch-nfs.html

NFSv3 is the default, so I guess it is the one used (I'm not the
administrator of the cluster), but it is also possible to use NFSv2.

I need to check what's in the /etc/exports file, now that I think about
it. Changing sync/async and wdelay/no_wdelay could have some effect.

>From the client side, initially the options were
rw,soft,bg
I think now they are more like
rsize=8192, wsize=8192, auto, user, rw